Milestones: She now has SIX teeth and is a crawling machine! We left her for a week in Aruba for the first time. We'd only gone one night away from here up until that point. She did great! (Momma cried when we dropped her off and I missed her like crazy!)
Nicknames: We mostly call her Sis. Landon calls her Sissy some, too.
Sleeping: She's in bed around 7:30ish each night and sleeps until 7:30 the next morning. She's napping 9-11:30, 1-3:30, and 5:00-6:00. She's not always sleeping until those wake times, but she hangs out in there and plays until it's time to get up, most days.
Eating: We do a Babywise eat, wake, sleep schedule. She's in a 4 hour schedule. She eats at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and 7:30. She's 100% weaned now and is doing great! She hasn't been eating her solid food very good since we got back from Aruba. She just wants to eat yogurt melts and puffs, nothing else.
Highlights: She waved when I said "bye bye" the other day. And she can do the sign for "more" and screams "ma ma ma ma ma" over and over when she wants more. I'm not sure if she's saying more or Momma because she knows I am the one who gives her more. Ha! She is crawling all over the place and loves to climb all over you. She's rarely still anymore. She can pull herself up to standing, is a champ at walking in her walker (she goes all over!), loves the windows and looking at herself in the oven, and thinks Landon hung the moon.
- Bath Time. She gets so excited when you start the water. She discovered she can crawl in the bath and thinks that's the best thing.
- Her thumb. She sucks her thumb while she sleeps.
- Electronics: my Apple Watch, the remote, the monitor.
- Cartoons. (don't shame me!) She loves Daniel Tiger and Curious George.
- Books. She likes ones with noises and flaps. She also likes to just grab them out of your hand and chew them.
- Getting her face wiped clean.
- When she wants to be held and you leave her alone.
- Hair bows. She won't leave them in her hair now. I've had to start pulling her hair up in pigtails (my favorite) or on top of her head like Pebbles. Her hair being in her eyes drives me crazy.
Favorites at this stage of parenting: She likes to do something and have you laugh at her. She does this cute little growl type noise she thinks is hilarious. She is such a trooper and - for the most part - goes with the flow.
Challenges at this stage of parenting: Her sudden avoidance of solid food
Doctor appointments this month: None
Diaper and clothes sizes:
Diapers - Size 3
Clothes - 12 month shirts and PJs and some 18 month pants, too
How Momma feels:
Feeling so sappy about her turning ONE so soon! :( I've started planning her party and it's exciting, but so sad. I can't believe how fast she's grown!!!
- No more spit up. YAY!!! Never thought that day would come.
- Champ at bottles now.
- Anytime she grabs a baby doll she leans in to kiss it. #swoon
- If you ask her "do you want to sing a song?" she starts swaying back and forth and does this little sing song sound.
- She likes to give kisses but it's more like a semi-bite. LOL