Milestones: Sitting in the bumbo and exersaucer
Nicknames: Sweet Girl, Little Sis, Sister, Sis, Sugar, Sugar Britches
Sleeping: She's still getting a 10:00pm dreamfeed and waking up anywhere from 5:30-7:30am. I'm SO ready to drop that dreamfeed and get in bed earlier AND have her sleep until 7:30am so I can get my mornings back. I really miss having a 30 minute time to myself to eat, drink coffee, and spend with Jesus.
Eating: We do a Babywise eat, wake, sleep schedule. She's on a 3 hour schedule. Some cycles I feel like she could go longer but I'm not ready to push her to 3.5 yet. She has refused a bottle until her 4 month birthday on the dot. She finally drank 3 oz!! YES!! We were getting really discouraged and frustrated. We've tried lots of bottles: Tommie Tippee, Dr. Browns, Madela and Avent. She finally took the Avent. Yes! Now, we're praying she keeps taking it! She's still a great nurser and nurses on both sides, about 15 minutes total.
Highlights: Smiles and noises. The last week she started making really loud high pitch sounds.
- Bath Time. She's kicking pretty hard now. She loves it!
- Her activity mat. She lays and smiles, coos, and kicks her legs.
- Her swing.
- Smiling. She gives adorable gummy smiles.
- Landon. She loves talking to him and when he talks to her.
- Sitting on the couch. We'll prop her up with pillows and it's adorable.
- When I talk to her. (She's definitely a Mommy's girl)
- Tummy time. She doesn't mind it for a little bit, but then she's had enough and starts this growling noise.
- When she's sleepy and she's not in her bed. She fusses if she's in her carseat or stroller for a bit until she gives in and goes to sleep.
Favorites at this stage of parenting: Watching her grow and take in the world around her.
Challenges at this stage of parenting: Not having my mornings to myself. Please Lord let her sleep until 7:30am.
Doctor appointments this month:
4 month appointment - weight: 13.88 length: 25 inches
Diaper and clothes sizes:
Diapers - Size 1. Just a couple days ago, we opened up our first box of size 2. (sad day)
Clothes - 3 months. Some of them are even too short.
How Momma feels:
Emotionally - I've had a tough couple weeks emotionally. Ben and I had a talk about me getting more alone time - just me, no kids. I was definitely feeling the affects of not having that. I've been doing better at that and it's helping. I'm praying for a more consistent morning routine too. I really want that. Plus, I'd like to be able to get her wake time consistent so I can drop the dreamfeed and get in bed before 10:30. I'd love to go to bed around 9:30 and wake up at 6:00/6:30 BEFORE both kids. Please Lord, let that be so. I've also been so sad about her getting older. I was always sad with Landon, but this time - knowing she's our last baby - makes me really sentimental about it. And it's FLYING by. Holy cow.
Physically - I'm still not as toned in my mid-section, but I'm seeing improvements. I had my first solo workout, back at the gym, this month. I went to body pump class and it was heavenly. :) I'm hoping to do that several times a month on the weekends when Ben can watch the kids. I'm not ready to take Allie to the gym daycare yet (germs!) Otherwise, I'm doing good physically!!
- She's still sleeping in her pack-n-play in the office at night, but she naps in her crib.
- She wore her first little clip in hair bow this month. Her hair is getting long! I'm close to being able to give her a little pony tail on the top of her head.
- Her neck/back strength is getting stronger! She can sit in her exersaucer now for a few minutes. We'll put blankets around her to keep her upright. It's a good change of scenery for her.
- She started making really high pitch squeals this month.
- I still wear her in the moby wrap during church on Sundays. She goes to sleep and takes a little nap. I love the snuggle time.
- She still hasn't giggled real big. I'm ready for it!
- She started putting her hands in her mouth.
- She really plays with the hanging toys on her play mat now.