Milestones: First real laugh, moving up to her crib/room to sleep, going to the Church nursery!
Nicknames: Sweet Girl, Little Sis, Sister, Sis, Sugar, Sugar Britches
Sleeping: She had been napping in her crib, but now she's sleeping in her crib/room. I also bumped her dreamfeed to 11:00pm to see if that helped her sleep till her 7:30 wake time. It has worked, but she will still occasionally wake up between 5:00-6:00 am and make noises, fuss, etc. She usually goes back to sleep (I leave her alone), but there's some mornings she doesn't and she sits with me on the couch while I do my Jesus time. We start bath time at 7:00 and she gets her last feeding afterwards and straight to bed. I go to sleep about 9:30 or 10:00 and then set an alarm to get up and dreamfeed at 11:00.
Eating: We do a Babywise eat, wake, sleep schedule. We switched to the 3.5 hour schedule this month. She eats at 7:30, 11:00, 2:30, 5:30 and 7:30. She's been doing great! I didn't push the 3.5 hour switch as soon as I did with Landon, so it's been an easier transition. I waited until she was ready before I did. I think in the next several weeks she'll be ready to go to the 4 hour schedule. She has become a very nosey nurser. The room has to be free of distractions or she's easily distracted. She still nurses on both sides and about 10-15 min each. She's still a spit up machine and I'm ready for her to outgrow it! (so yucky) Oh and she took a couple more bottles this month as well. We've got to be better (and consistent) at giving them to her more.
Highlights: She finally got her first real laugh this month. It happened in response to Landon, which makes my Momma heart explode. We were playing at the pool and I was holding her on my lap, sitting on the edge of the pool and Landon was hanging onto my feet inside the pool. I was playing with him, making him laugh and she laughed watching. It was awesome. She doesn't laugh a ton, but when she does it's usually in response to Landon. She LOVES watching him.
- Bath Time. She loves kicking and talking in the bath.
- Mommy. She likes to see me often and looks around to find me in a room. (swoon)
- Landon. She loves him. She finds him funny and so interesting.
- When Daddy talks to her. She smiles so big.
- Playing with the toys on her play mat.
- Her hands/fingers. She chews and sucks on her hands and fingers a lot.
- My Apple Watch. If I'm holding her, she grabs on it and plays with it.
- Tummy time. She isn't a huge fan.
- Her exersaucer. She likes it for a bit and then gets annoyed and wants out.
- Getting her clothes changed. Especially after her bath. She gets so annoyed and lets out this loud growl type noise and her face turns beet red.
Favorites at this stage of parenting: The big, full-faced open mouth smiles. I also love watching how much she loves Landon. Seeing them interact is so great.
Challenges at this stage of parenting: Just the juggle of getting "me" time by myself and getting things done that I enjoy doing as well as that need done.
Doctor appointments this month: None
Diaper and clothes sizes:
Diapers - Size 2
Clothes - 3 months, but they're too small. Ha.
How Momma feels:
Emotionally - We've implemented more balance for me to get some "me" time this month and that's helped a LOT. There's still overwhelming and exhausting times and days, but they're not as bad now.
Physically - I'm still exercising 4-5 days a week. I'm getting in running and weight training. I recently started a Carb Cycling program so that's been a lot of learning! I'm interested to see my results at the end. Because of Allie's sensitive tummy, I've been dairy free and avoiding spicy, gassy and acidy foods. This month, I started adding those back in. I had pizza for the first time in about 6 months and it was glorious. Yay!!
- She sits in her bumbo seat a lot better than she did last month. I put her in it quite a bit. We will start rice cereal in the next week and I will probably feed her in it.
- She went to the nursery for the first time this month, at church. I was sad to do it, but it needed to be done. She was too noisy in church. She does great in her class and the sweet ladies are the best. They're actually the same ladies that had Landon when he was a baby. :)
- Landon went back to Mother's Day Out and it's been nice to get those 2 days a week to hang out with just her. I love those one on one days.