Milestones: TAKING A BOTTLE!!!!!! Praise Jesus above!!!
Nicknames: Sweet Girl, Little Sis, Sister, Sis, Sugar, Sugar Britches, Allie Bug, Momma's girl, Allie Girl
Sleeping: She's in bed around 7:30ish each night and sleeps until 7:30 the next morning. Sometimes she'll wake up around 6:30 and babble but she lays in her bed and talks or goes back to sleep. Occasionally she gives the "I'm hungry come get me" cry and I'll feed her before 7:30.
Eating: We do a Babywise eat, wake, sleep schedule. She eats at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and 7:30. She eats like a champ and loves her food. She eats 2 solid food meals. She gets cereal and a fruit about an hour after nursing in the mornings, and cereal and a veggie before bath time. She loves all food, so far. (knock on wood) She has this cute (and sometimes annoying) noise/whine she makes when she's hungry. It's a distinct noise that I know well! Since she's started solid foods, I've noticed a bit of a dip in my milk supply so I've started taking some fenugreek several times a day to keep it up.
Highlights: She went to the Pumpkin Patch for the first time and also on her first hay ride.
- Bath Time. She loves kicking and talking in the bath.
- Mommy. She likes to see me often and looks around to find me in a room. (swoon)
- Landon. She loves him. She finds him funny and so interesting.
- When Daddy talks to her. She smiles so big. Their relationship has really started developing.
- Her exersaucer
- Her hands/fingers. She chews and sucks on her hands and fingers a lot.
- Electronics: my Apple Watch, the remote, the monitor., my phone
- Swinging. It's a good thing to do to past the time in the evening.
- Tummy time. She isn't a huge fan.
- Laying under her play mat.
- Getting her face wiped clean.
- When she wants to be held and you leave her alone.
- Having to wait when she's hungry
- When Landon gets in her face/annoys her
Favorites at this stage of parenting: The huge gummy grins and squeals and babbles are by far my favorite right now. She's so much more interactive and communicative with us. It's adorable.
Challenges at this stage of parenting: Nothing really stands out to me this month
Doctor appointments this month: None
Diaper and clothes sizes:
Diapers - Size 2
Clothes - 6-9 months
How Momma feels:
This month, I have really realized just how much joy Allie brings to me and my days. Landon is 3.5 and is really challenging in this season of life. There's no sugar coating how tough parenting is, for me, right now. But I've realized how thankful I am for the little joy that is Allie. Her smiles, her kisses, her babbles, her laughs, all of it is much needed joy in my days currently and I'm so happy for it!
- She still hasn't rolled over (back to tummy) but she'll sleep on her side sometimes.
- She's gotten much stronger at sitting up, but sometimes she'll just give up and throw herself backwards. Not cool.
- She loves sitting up in the bathtub and babbles so loud.
- She loves my phone. If she sees it, she grabs it immediately.
- She does this really cute and funny arm flailing thing when you go to get her out of her bed. She kicks her feet and flails her arms out to the sides and smiles so big. It's really funny.