Milestones: She's mastered sitting up by herself now. No assistance needed. She also rolled over from back to tummy, while sleeping, for the first time. AND, she started sucking her thumb when she sleeps.
Nicknames: Sweet Girl, Little Sis, Sister, Sis, Sugar, Sugar Britches, Allie Bug, Momma's girl, Allie Girl
Sleeping: She's in bed around 7:30ish each night and sleeps until 7:30 the next morning. Sometimes she'll wake up around 6:30 and babble but she lays in her bed and talks or goes back to sleep. She started sucking her thumb when she sleeps, now. And finally in rolled to her belly while sleeping. She has only done it a couple times though. She still prefers her side or back. She's napping 9-11:30, 1-3:30, and 5:00-6:00. She's not always sleeping until those wake times, but she hangs out in there and plays until it's time to get up.
Eating: We do a Babywise eat, wake, sleep schedule. She's in a 4 hour schedule. She eats at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and 7:30. She eats great and takes her time. I went from feeding her on the couch, around everything going on, to having to feed her in her room, in the quiet - away from everything. She's too easily distracted if not. I've gotta say though, I enjoy the quiet, alone, focused time with her. She also started eating lunch in month 7. She gets 2 T rice ceral and 2 T fruit at breakfast, 2 T fruit and 2 T veggie at lunch, and 2 T rice cereal and 2 T veggie at supper (before bath time).
Highlights: She's so smiley now. She smiles all the time. She knows her name well and looks at you when you say it. She giggles more and makes tons of squeals and noises. She's mastered this deep growl noise that is hilarious. She started drinking out of a sippy cup much better. (She gets a tiny bit of apple juice mixed with water) She loves to hold her feet or suck on her toes.
- Bath Time. She loves kicking and talking in the bath.
- Mommy. She likes to see me often and looks around to find me in a room. (swoon)
- Landon. She loves him. She finds him funny and so interesting. She looks for him when we wake her up.
- Her hands/fingers. She chews and sucks on her hands and fingers a lot.
- Electronics: my Apple Watch, the remote, the monitor.
- Cartoons. (don't shame me!) She loves Daniel Tiger and Curious George.
- Books. She's started to enjoy books. She loves "Where's my Nose" which was Landon's favorite too.
- Tummy time. She isn't a huge fan. In fact, we rarely do it anymore.
- Getting her face wiped clean.
- When she wants to be held and you leave her alone.
- Strangers. (Or really, someone that isn't Mommy or Daddy) She started crying when Grandparents, strangers, and nursery workers hold her or talk to her.
Favorites at this stage of parenting: All the squeals and noises. I also love watching her sit in the floor and go through all the toys in her basket. She loves to pull them all out and even dump the basket.
Challenges at this stage of parenting: The moments when she wants/needs to be held and I have a million other things to do. Also, it's really tough to get one-on-one time with her. I really soak up our days together, twice a week, when Landon is in Mother's Day Out. I try my best to stay home and get productive things done there, so I can snuggle her and focus on her.
Doctor appointments this month: None
Diaper and clothes sizes:
Diapers - Size 2 (she'll go up to 3 next time we buy a box)
Clothes - she's now in 9 month clothes.
How Momma feels:
I'm feeling great! I'm working out 4 days a week. I completed my 2nd round of 21 Day Fix Extreme and felt GREAT! I love that program! Emotionally I'm good this month too. Landon is still a challenge most days, but I think we're having more good moments and days lately, so YAY! #answeredprayer
- She's still spitting up. Not as much, but it's not gone yet.
- She's definitely teething. She's a drooling machine. I keep a bib on her most of the day now. It's her two bottom teeth.
- Landon makes her laugh the best out of all of us.
- She had her first pigtails this month. ADORABLE.
- She turned 8 months on Thanksgiving Day!
- She wore shoes for the first time (to church)