Milestones: LOTS of smiles and noises! She also discovered her hands this month.
Nicknames: Sweet Girl, Little Sis, Sister, Sis, Sugar, Sugar Britches
Sleeping: She gets her bath around 7:00 and is in bed about 7:30. She's been getting a dreamfeed at 10:00 each night. She went several weeks sleeping until 6-7:30am. The last several nights she's woken up before then. One night there was a thunderstorm that woke her up at 2:30 and I had to feed her to get her back to sleep. Then she's been up at 5:30 several times. I'm ready for consistency. She's still sleeping in the pack-n-play because I don't want to move her to her room until she's consistent. It's a different ballgame with two kids because I would let Landon cry things out more than I do her. I don't want her to wake Landon up!
Eating: We do a Babywise eat, wake, sleep schedule. She's been on a pretty consistent 3 hour schedule this month. She's a great eater. She's refusing bottles, though, which is NOT COOL. I have a wedding this weekend I'm going to have to take her to. We're trying to work on it, but I'm worried!
Highlights: The smiles and interactions with her. She's always "talking" to you and smiling. I love it! The "witching hour" has gotten better because her 3 hour schedule has her eat at 4:30 and then nap for about an hour from 5:45-6:30/6:45. That helps us get dinner ready and eaten.
- Bath Time. She has started kicking her legs in the bath this month. We also started laying her in the tub like a big girl.
- Her activity mat. She lays and smiles, coos, and kicks her legs.
- Her swing. Still her favorite thing at this age. She loves to sit and watch the elephants on the mobile.
- Smiling. She gives adorable gummy smiles.
- Landon. She loves talking to him and when he talks to her.
- Sitting on the couch. We'll prop her up with pillows and it's adorable.
- Tummy time. She doesn't mind it for a little bit, but then she's had enough and starts this growling noise.
- When she's sleepy and she's not in her bed. She fusses if she's in her carseat or stroller for a bit until she gives in and goes to sleep.
Favorites at this stage of parenting: The smiles and coos. Watching Landon and her interact. Landon loves it. He says "Mommy! She's looking at me!"
Challenges at this stage of parenting: The recent night time inconsistencies. I'm ready for her to sleep until 7:30 consistently.
Doctor appointments this month:
None. She'll go back at 4 months.
Diaper and clothes sizes:
Diapers - Size 1
Clothes - 3 months. Some of them are even too short.
How Momma feels:
Emotionally - After the emotional roller coaster I felt like I was on last month, I went back to counseling this month. Yes, I go to counseling. You should too! It's amazing! I hadn't been since last Fall and decided to go back to get some tools to help with those emotionally trying moments and some of the struggles I was having. It helped TREMENDOUSLY. I went twice this past month and feel SO MUCH better. The struggles are still there, but I have a better grip on things and some tools I can pull out to use in those moments. I still have hard moments and days, but I'm doing and feeling much better.
Physically - I still am struggling with the weight I'm carrying in my mid-section, but I've seen some change in it this month. I started running regularly (at least weekly, sometimes twice a week), plus cut down on my sweets/sugar intake AND limiting my carbs/bread and making sure I choose good carbs (whole grains, veggies). I've noticed far less bloating and some of my "post baby shorts" are starting to get loose. Yay!! I've also noticed my distasis recti is getting better, too, this month.
- She's still sleeping in her pack-n-play in the office at night, but we moved to her bed for naps. She's doing great!
- She's started kicking during her bath time. So cute.
- She smiles and coos and "growls" all the time. It's the cutest.
- One of my favorite things is watching Landon talk to her, play with her, and watch Allie watch him intently and smile, coo, at him. I can't wait until he can make her giggle. My heart might explode.
- Another favorite is hearing Landon talk to her. He says things like "Allie, hi sister. Hi sweet girl." He'll even include her in his playing sometimes by bringing her toys.
- One day in the car, Allie was fussing and I overheard Landon say "What's wrong Allie? Do you need privacy while you poop on the potty?" LOL #pottytraining
- When she gets sleepy, and you're holding her, she rubs her face/nose all over your shoulder, chest, and face. It's adorable.
- Before bed each night, Landon has to give me and Allie both a kiss and a hug. It's precious.