How big is Allie? Measures about 14 inches long!
How is Allie developing this week? The nerves in her ears are developing and she can probably hear my voice and other outside noises.
How I'm changing: Full on nesting mode. I've taken 2 trips to Goodwill, cleaned out closets, organized toys....you name it. I'm also finally warming up to all things girl. The pink and girly things don't freak me out like they did at first. Whew.
What I'm eating: Normal food - oatmeal and sticky roll for breakfast. (I made sticky roll for Christmas breakfast and we've been eating leftovers all week - heavenly) Salads and sandwiches for lunch. Regular suppers and snacks.
What I'm NOT eating: Strong onion flavors.
How I'm feeling: Physically speaking, I'm learning my limits so I'm doing better at pacing myself. I know Landon and I can only handle 1-2 errands a day. I can't do too much on my feet. I also have to rest as much as possible. It's frustrating, but I'm trying to be positive. It's hard to not get that "me time" at the gym though. I really miss that.
How my workouts are: Non existent
Highlights this week: Christmas!!! It was SO FUN this year with Landon. He really got into it and just had a blast opening all his gifts and playing with his toys. It was a really special day.
Bump details: I'm almost positive Allie is in the same position as Landon was (frank breech). All her movements and kicks are in the same spots as his - lower half of my belly, around my belly button and my sides. I can even feel her little head (at least I assume that's what it is) up by my ribs sometimes. But then sometimes it feels like she's laying horizontal. Who knows. I just know it's uncomfortable! Also, my belly button is out. It's not out as far as it's gonna go, there's more to pop, but it's definitely out.
Facts this week:
- I felt hiccups for sure this week. I probably felt them a couple weeks ago, but this week is a "yep, that's definitely hiccups".
- Allie's movements hurt more now. I can tell she's getting bigger and a growing girl!
- Landon still talks about her several times a week. We've started talking about him "helping" with different things when she comes.
- Ben (with some help from Landon) set up her crib on Christmas Eve!!!! Ahh!! I love it and it's starting to make it even more real. I also got her bedding from my parents for Christmas so that's super exciting. It's perfect.
- I got out our baby toys and put them in baskets in her room and closet and Landon loves to go in her room and play with them. He's currently obsessed with Sophie the giraffe. :)