How big is Allie? Size of a cantaloupe!!!
How is Allie developing this week? Her see through skin is starting to get a pink tint to it
How I'm changing: This week I had my 24 week appointment and had to get another ultrasound done. At my 20 week ultrasound, Allie was in a position that made it impossible for the technician to measure her lower spine, so I had another one to get that measurement. She cooperated perfectly and all was perfect with her lower spine. I also had my glucose test this week (I passed!) and was at the doctor for almost 2 hours because they were WAY behind. The sweet ultrasound technician gave me a free 3D ultrasound because I was there so long, and seeing Allie's face looking like an actual baby, instead of the skeleton like it does on the regular ones, was HUGE for me. I don't know what it was but something about that was a turning point for me. In that moment I thought "that's my daughter" and it just really hit me. Instant Momma Bear feeling. I instantly fell in love with her sweet little nose and lips (which I think looked a lot like Landon!) and I couldn't wait to snuggle her. The thoughts of "Oh my gosh, I'm having a girl" and any freaking out about it has really subsided after that 3D ultrasound. :)
What I'm eating: Normal food - oatmeal and half bagel for breakfast. Salads and sandwiches for lunch. Regular suppers. Apples and Gingerbread Cliff bars are regular snacks. I've eaten a LOT of food lately with two different Christmas parties this week. Whew!
What I'm NOT eating: Strong onion flavors. I did have BBQ for the first time in a while and it was good.
How I'm feeling: My energy level is really low these days and I feel so limited on what I can and can't do. At my appointment, my blood work showed I was a little anemic so they told me to take some extra Iron. I'm hoping that is why I've been so worn out and it will help up my energy level! I've also been getting indigestion and heart burn. Plus, I caught Landon's cold. Boo!
How my workouts are: I got in 2 days again this week. One day focused on upper body and another on legs. I get a LOT of stares and comments at the gym now.
Highlights this week: Hands down the 3D ultrasound!!!! And passing the glucose test.
Bump details: It measured right on track (24-25 cm) which was a relief. It looks and feels so big I was concerned. Several people (the doctor included) told me I was "all belly" so that's encouraging to hear when you feel as big as a house.
Facts this week:
- I gained 4 lbs from my last appointment. Eeek! I guess that's what Thanksgiving and 2 Christmas parties will do to you! Gotta reign it back in. I'm up 14 lbs total.
- Allie's heart rate was 151 bpm.
- She's still a girl. Ha. The technician checked and the girl parts were much more noticeable this time. (They were harder to see at my 20 week)
- I go back for my 28 week apt and then start going every 2 weeks! Ahh!
- Keely moved out so we've got to get our guest room furniture moved out to its new owners and get started on the nursery. I CAN'T WAIT!! #majornesting
- I've already got 2 baby "sprinkles" on the books for January! Yay!
- I'm still super anxious and afraid about C-section #2....still working and praying through those feelings.