- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes, canned, including juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Place chicken in bottom of Crock-Pot.
2. In a separate bowl, combine chilies, garlic, onion, tomatoes, 1/2 c chicken broth and cumin. Blend and pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Stir to break up chicken before serving.
4. Add additional chicken broth if necessary.
5. Just before serving, add cilantro to slow cooker. Stir to incorporate. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve w/tortilla chips and top with cheese.
Question of the Day: What's your favorite soup?