-- Dry ingredients:
1 ¼ cups rolled oats
1 ¼ cups brown rice crisp cereal
¼ cup hemp seeds
¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
-- Binding mixture:
½ cup plus 1 tbsp. brown rice syrup
¼ cup almond butter or peanut butter (or some of each)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Line an 8- or 9- inch square baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2) In a small saucepan, combine brown rice syrup and peanut and/or almond butter. Stir over medium heat until mixture is soft and begins to bubble.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
4) Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon. While still warm, pour into baking dish and press to compact.
5) Place the dish in the freezer for 10-12 minutes. Remove and slice into 9 granola bars.