2017 was full of some really awesome stuff. Lots of fun family memories as well as training for and running my first Half Marathon! (what, what!) It ended in a way we would have NEVER thought with the sudden and unexpected loss of Ben's Mom. But even in that, there's answered prayers from God and really cool "God moments" as I call them. Did I ever tell yall that I woke up at the EXACT MOMENT she passed away and 100% knew she was gone? I wasn't there. Ben was, but I was at home with the kids. She passed away at 5:00am and God woke me with this image of a text message from Ben telling me she was gone. No lie, less than 5 minutes later Ben called me to tell me she had passed away. God is BIG yall. BIG.
So it was a big year. Lots of highs and lots of lows. But it is another year I'll look back on and have great memories and great lessons God has taught me.
My word for 2018 is ABIDE. God keeps bringing to mind John 15 for me in several ways the last few months. I love the Greek meaning of Abide: to remain; to continue to be present; to be held. Applying that to my relationship with the Lord really challenges me and that's what I'm focusing on for the year. I will also use its meanings to challenge me in some of my goals for the year as well.
My 2018 Goals:
- Join @wellwateredwomen (www.wellwateredwomen.com) in the #wordbeforeworld movement/challenge. It's all about getting in God's word FIRST, before social media, family, or anything. I typically do my Jesus time before my family is up, but I'm taking the challenge to leave my phone alone and grab my Bible FIRST. I'm starting a 90 day Bible reading plan that I'm really excited for. I've tried Year long plans several years and lose steam around the Spring. This way, I'll had it all read by that point! I can't wait! I'm excited to give God the first of my day, that He so rightfully deserves.
- Phone Free Hours. You hear me talk often about this, but I want to make it a goal to continue to focus on it. Running an online business is a challenge to not be on my computer or phone more than I should/need to be. I've been a lot better about this since my Mother-in-Law passed away in mid-October, so I want to continue on with it. I'll be sharing more about how I do this soon!
- Read 1 book a month. At least! I will be utilizing a lot of my free reading time for my Bible reading plan, but I still want to read all the books on my "to read" list. I love books and love sitting down to read. I plan to watch less TV and read more!
- I'm joining one of my clients, Kate, in her Clear the Clutter Challenge. I'm really excited about this. Starting January 8th, we'll tackle one space each week and then tackle one space each month, after January. I have several "catch all" areas in my home that I'm excited to organize. Plus, it'll feel amazing to lighten the load on things we simply don't need and can donate! You can find out more here: www.ladyandlaurakate.com
- Monthly date night. Honestly, this will probably be the hardest goal to stick to. Schedules are crazy, life is busy and babysitters are hard to get, but it's vital to our marriage and family (and sanity) to do it. So I'm making it a goal so we'll stick to it!
So there ya go! What goals do you have for the New Year?