John 15:9 holds a great challenge when it comes to our daily time with God - "As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love."
What are you doing - each day - to remain in Jesus' love? If you've surrendered your life to Jesus, you are called to show God's love to others. In order to show HIs love, we have to KNOW His love. And to KNOW His love, we have to be spending time with Him to learn!
It doesn't just happen. Your relationship with the Lord is like any earthly relationship you have - it takes time and effort. Your marriage doesn't just survive simply because you're married - you have to make an effort. Same with friendships and family relationships.
Why do we treat our relationship with God different?
Let the challenge in John 15:9 to "remain in my love" motivate you to prioritize your time with God daily.
As a helpful guide, here are a few tips:
- Get up FIRST THING and spend 15-30 minutes with the Lord. I promise your day will go way better than before!
- Listen to praise music. Pop in a CD when you're driving or waiting in car line. Listen to Pandora Stations - I love the HIllsong and Bethel Music stations - while you're working out, cleaning, doing laundry, or just to simply praise Him.
- Utilize the FREE Bible studies via www.shereadstruth.com - they are SO GOOD!
- Join a Bible Study group at your church. Accountability is key!
- Journal! It can help you stay focused!
I'd love to hear how you spend your time with the Lord each day! Share in the comments!