Let me start by explaining what Shakeology is NOT:
- A quick fix. I have to start out by saying that FIRST. You can't drink Shakeology and eat like crap and not workout - or workout every once in a while - and see results. Shakeology is designed to help enhance your results from workouts and help set you up for quicker success!
- A protein powder/drink. Listen, we're talking about a MEAL replacement shake, not just a protein powder. Protein powder isn't meant to be a meal. It's something to drink before/after a workout, in addition to a meal, or as a snack. Shakeology is a MEAL. It's full of essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs and craves each day!
So what is in Shakeology?
1) Keeps me full - I drink it for breakfast because mornings are a madhouse here. It's much easier for me to just make my Shakeology and do the 1 million other things that need to happen in the morning, then it is to cook/prepare myself something for breakfast. I've already got 2 others I'm doing that for, so it's awesome that I don't have to do it for me! I just plop all I need in the blender and done. Having it for breakfast really does keep me full until lunch. I drink the Shakeology about 7:30/8:00 am and I have lunch anywhere from 11-12:00. It also helps curb my cravings so I'm not hungry all day long. I notice a big difference in my hunger during the day if I don't have it.
2) Gives me more energy - The energy boosting vitamins and minerals are definitely felt and needed by this busy Mom of 2 little kids! If, for whatever reason, I miss a day or two (usually because my next shipment hasn't arrived yet) I can feel it. My energy is zapped (I'm also starving all day) and I can tell a major difference from when I drink it.
3) Helps reduce bloating - Drinking Shakeology every day has done good things for my mid-section (my "trouble spot"). It helps reduce bloating and has helped trim it up. Most protein powders/drinks cause bloating for me, and Shakeology doesn't. I don't have a 20 yr old, pre-baby, core....but I am happy with how my continued workouts and Shakeology work together to benefit it!
4) It tastes GOOD - there are 7 flavors available: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, cafe latte, greenberry, and 2 vegan flavors: vegan chocolate and vegan tropical strawberry. I've had all of the except greenberry. (no reason except I just haven't tried it) Depending on which flavor you choose, and how you blend it, it tastes either like a fruit smoothie, a milkshake, or a frappucino. Just this week, I've had a cinnamon roll shake (using vanilla), a peppermint mocha (using cafe latte), and a reese's cup (using chocolate). They taste super yummy!!!!!!
Here's a link to a video review I did back when I'd been drinking it for about 6-7 months.
When it comes to drinking Shakeology during pregnancy and breastfeeding, I recommend taking a list of the ingredients to your doctor and running it by them. For me - and everybody is different here - I didn't drink it during my pregnancy with Allie. (I wasn't a Coach and knew nothing of Shakeology during Landon's pregnancy) The reason I didn't was my Doctor said it had a bit too much Viatmin C in it for pregnancy, then she liked. I was taking my prenatal vitamins at the same time and those mixed with the additional Vitamin C in Shakeology wasn't recommended by her. Then, when breastfeeding Allie, I didn't drink it for the first 4-5 months simply because Allie's tummy was super sensitive and Ben and I weren't willing to try it out and risk the effects it'd have on her. One sleepless night after a newborn's upset tummy and you learn that lesson QUICK. After about 4-5 months, I did drink the Vegan flavors which I drank for about 4 months before going back to regular once I quit my dairy-free diet for her. At that point, her stomach could handle all normal foods/diets and I was willing to give it a go then. :) I also don't take my prenatal vitamins while nursing Allie and drinking Shakeology because Shakeology meets those needs for my body. My doctor did recommend taking an additional DHA supplement, which I do, and an additional folic acid supplement, which I don't. She told me the folic acid supplement was simply to "build up the storage" in my body in the event of a future pregnancy, which I don't plan on. We're done! :) You should know this too - this is MY experience. If you asked some of my fellow coaches and friends they'd tell you they drank it and have clients that do too. It's all a personal decision between you and your doctor! There's a wide spectrum of pregnancy/nursing users vs. not. If you're pregnant or nursing, contact me and we'll chat in more detail about this!
- There's a "bottom of the bag" guarantee. If you get to the bottom of the bag and don't notice a difference, you can return it.
- You can change your flavor each month.
- You can get "combo boxes" that include more than one flavor in a one month supply.
- Remember: If you stay a monthly Shakeology user of mine, you receive FREE access to my monthly 2017 groups!
For questions or how to order, contact me below! I'm happy to chat with you more!